WDSD REPORTER TESTED RESTAURANTS
San Diego's Premium Single Malt Whiskey
By John Alonge | WDSD Reporter
SAN DIEGO--Traditionally, the "angels' share" is a poetic description of the amount of wine or spirits that inevitably evaporates while aging in barrels. The Devil's Share single malt whiskey is something entirely else, the brainchild of local distiller Yuseff Cherney, who co-founded San Diego's Ballast Point brewery.
Why would a successful brewer want to start distilling spirits, you might ask?
- Leroy's Kitchen and Lounge Rocks Cornado's Orange Avenue
- Editor's Pick: Rendezvous in Del Mar for Restaurant Week
- J-Six's Christian Graves: A Chef for All Seasons
- Miguel's Cocina in Carlsbad: An Affordable Fiesta
- “Mixing Things Up at RA Sushi”
- Landing Culinary Gold in Spring Valley: Best Fish & Chips in the County?
- Race to the Del Mar Brigantine
- Grand Del Mar's Amaya: Easy Going Elegance at The Grand Del Mar
- Vintana: Waiter, There's a Lexus in my Soup
- Brazen BBQ: Seriously Fun Texas BBQ
- Bali Hai: Tiki Time on Shelter Island
- Malarkey's Gabardine Rescue
- The Cusp of the Matter
- Mille Fleurs
- Donvan's Steak House: At Times Only the Best Will Do
- Uptown Tavern Rocks Hillcrest
- Sessions Public: "Taps & Toast" Brunch
- Snooze Sizzles in the A.M.
- Salt Air and Gourmet Fare at The Barefoot Bar and Grill
- Pranzo at Vivace: An Italian Tradition Brought to Life
- Happy Hour Bites and Sips Abound in Coronado
- Comic-Con Dining Hotspots
- Delicious Gluten-Free At 2Good2B Café and Bakery
- Urban Eats: Big City Fare, Small Town Prices
- Simply Grand | Addison at Grand Del Mar